- AntiqueMedicines.com has a whole page devoted to Dr. Kilmer and his bottles, tradecards, and ads, where they show 2 other Dr. Kilmer's Indian Cure bottle shapes.
- See a collection of 13 different Dr. Kilmer's tradecards, including the above gem, onTradecards.com/Kilmer.
- A comparison of Kilmer's American vs British labels and claims in a 1912 book titled Nostrums and Quackery: Articles on the Nostrum Evil and Quackery
- Read some history on Dr. Kilmer from Digger Odell's site: "Dr. Andral S. Kilmer, the inventor of the Swamproot, set up business in Binghamton, New York in the 1870s. There he developed a line of proprietary medicines, pills and ointments."
- Here's an article on Dr. Kilmer by John Golley that was published in the Antique Bottle and Glass Collector Magazine.
- In 1915, the brothers Kilmer fought over using the family name. Read about the court case here.
Ms. Dow Antiques Blog 'Tique Talk is published by msdowantiques.com
Sign up for my free newsletter!