This one's for you, antique collector, bibliophile, natural history, science and tech history, the arts, and imagination lover: A glimpse into a beautiful collection...
- Steven Levy's article about the Jay Walker Collection (he's Priceline.com's creator). The library is amazing, from the architecture to the contents. -- Browse the Artifacts of Geek History in Jay Walker's Library.
- See Jay Walker's TED talk, where the stage is decorated with items from his collection, and he shows slides of his Library of Human Imagination. Listen to the passion and enthusiasm in his voice.
"A visit to the Walker Library of the History of Human Imagination is a celebration of human invention. The Library contains some 20,000 volumes and hundreds of museum-level books, manuscripts, maps and artifacts. These precious objects are housed in a unique setting that is itself a work of art. The architecture of the vast room was inspired by the mind-bending designs of artist M.C. Escher; it features multilevel tiers, “floating” platforms, connecting stairways, a glass bridge, illuminated glass panels, dynamic lighting, and specially commissioned art and music."
- Visit Walker's website, and see a video tour of the library - http://www.walkerdigital.com/the-walker-library_video-tour.html
- View a selection of photographs here - http://www.walkerdigital.com/the-walker-library_photo-gallery.html
- More TED Talks by Jay Walker - http://www.walkerdigital.com/the-walker-library_ted-talks.html
Ms. Dow Antiques Blog 'Tique Talk is published by msdowantiques.com