This sounds like so much fun! Let's go get some vintage treasures!
Exciting News Update (5/17/12):
Worthpoint.com's ''Worth-ologists'' will be there doing FREE appraisals.
"The Randolph Street Market... is thebiggest indoor/outdoor antiques market in the country. It kicks off its 2012 indoor/outdoor season on Saturday and Sunday, May 26 and 27, where WorthPoint will be partnering with RSM for the weekend’s festivities. In celebration of this partnership, WorthPoint will be hosting free appraisals at the market. These will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on both days. Register today to join our VIP list and be first in line to see our esteemed Worthologists.Held at the historic Beaux Arts Plumber’s Hall in Chicago’s West Loop, the RSM features more than 250 dealers offering “high quality, amazingly priced items.” "
Calling all pickers, collectors and treasure hunters to shop 250 premier vendors May 26+27, 2012.
Voted Chicago’s best recurring indoor/outdoor Antiques Market by TimeOut Chicago readers in 2011, the famed Randolph Street Market Summer Season returns May 26 + 27 to the West Loop. The Randolph Street Market is the biggest and most visually exciting shopping carnival, with over 8 acres of one-of-a-kind treasures including Art & Antiquities, Fashion, Furniture, Ceramics, Clocks, Glass, Jewelry, Paintings, Posters, Maps, Sculptures, and so much more from the world’s TOP pickers. The Season Opener, themed a Garden Party, showcases an eclectic mix of exquisite antiques and unusual finds from 250 vendors suitable for every type of collector, buyer, designer and treasure hunter.
This must-attend event draws designers, stylists and shoppers from around the globe to snatch up everything from rare antiquities to today’s top furniture and fashion designs in a wide array of prices and styles to appeal to everyone’s taste and budget. The Market will also serve as the perfect backdrop for a memorable Garden Party complete with cocktails, interactive art and DIY demonstrations, beauty treatments, airbrush tattoos, seasonal fancy food, relaxation vignettes, live music, and more!
SOME OF THE DEALERS EXHIBITING AT THE MAY SHOW:
- Morgan Gagne of Manly Vintage Chicago- Machine-age, mid-century modern furniture
- Bruce Shelton of Shelton Gallery, Nashville- TOP modernist art, silver, and walking sticks
- Mark Fisk of Mainly Art, Cincinnati- Racing and gas station paraphernalia, auto antiques plus modernism furniture
- William Rawski and Gosia Korsakowski of Architectural Anarchy, Chicago- Art, vintage furniture, and salvaged artifacts
- Diane & Doug McElwain of Sport & Spool Antiques, North Carolina- Antique sports memorabilia & spools
- Marsha Evaskus of Zig Zag, Chicago- Art deco & modern jewelry
- Don Coclough and Lisa Polito of Mr. Modern, Chicago-Mid-century, eclectic furnishings
- Barbara Lash/Atomic Barbie, Glen Ellyn-50's, 60's, 70's furniture and vinyl
- Sarah Polster of Cushion Chicago- Vintage decorative arts, textiles, and lighting
- Karen Fontanetta/Bellafabric, Green Bay, WI-Vintage fabric, trim, lace, and sewing supplies
- Tahnee Lathrop of Kitschy Kitchen Goods, Bloomington, IL-Mid-century kitsch funk
- D. Brett Benson, Palm Beach & Chicago- Vintage & costume jeweler to the stars
- Sandy Schorr/Beads By Sandy, Fort Worth, TX-World's largest source of vintage buttons and beads, single supplier for the movie "Benjamin Button"
- Doris Prizant & Mike Goldman/Canyon Company, Chicago-Native American antiques and pottery
- Steve Baltic/Atlantic Poster, Chicago-Vintage rock n' roll and band posters
- John Connelly/Dreamlight, Kentucky-Arts & crafts, Stickley furniture
This Garden Party is not to be missed! Expect 15,000 shoppers to flock to Chicago’s West Loop for value-priced “finds” and hours of shopping and entertainment.
GENERAL INFORMATION RANDOLPH STREET MARKET
WHAT: Randolph Street Market Garden Party Season Kick-off
Saturday, May 26 – 10:00 am to 6:00 pm/Early Buy–8-10am
Sunday, May 27 – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Indoors at Beaux Arts Plumber’s Hall, 1340 W. Washington Street, Chicago
Outdoors from 1350 Block West Randolph and 1340 W. Washington Street between Ada & Ogden.
Discount General Admission Tickets purchased online: $8
Saturday Sunday General Admission at door: $10
Student tickets w/ ID: $3/online, $5 at door
Early Buy: $20/online, $25 at door
*Free furniture delivery in Chicago
Click Here to Purchase Discount Tickets
NEW IN 2012: Every paid admission gets a $5 or $10 shopping voucher good toward purchases.
PARKING: Valet, street parking, and complimentary Market parking in the Leslie Hindman parking lot (1338 W. Lake Street).
FOR INFO: www.randolphstreetmarket.com, call or firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Dow Antiques Blog 'Tique Talk is published by msdowantiques.com