- This year's Springfield (Ohio) May Extravaganza has the folks from Vintage Marketplace and Junk Market Style setting up their big tent(s?) for all 3 days, with tons of activities planned -- details here: http://vintagemarketplacestyle.blogspot.com/2012/04/our-action-packed-vintage-marketplace.html
"The Vintage Marketplace will occupy series of walled and tented spaces in the center hub of the show (the area between the main buildings) and will be divided with fabric walls, giving each exhibitor the effect of their own creative space...
Sue Whitney, author of the Junk Beautiful Series, contributor to Better Homes and Gardens/Country Gardens and creator of JunkMarket Style will join us again as our authority on all things vintage, junk and cool. We will be busy creating content for the Vintage Marketplace including talks, hands-on workshops and even a party to kick back and relax." -- junkmarketstyle.com
- FOLK MAGAZINE will have their own barn -- to "bring our magazine pages to life".
"FOLK Magazine will present 15 FABULOUS vendors inside the FOLKbarn, sharing 'ALL AMERICAN' vintage, antique, and artisan goods from across the country. From primitive to industrial style, home furnishings to fashion and food, there will be something for everyone who longs to live the simple FOLK life. Some of our vendors have created products for our very own FOLKlabel line and appeared in the pages of our magazine. We'll be sharing more about our vendors verysoon!"
- The Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market May EXTRAVAGANZA is a 3- DAY SHOW with over 2000 vendors of antiques, collectibles, and flea market goods. Show attendance is over 20,000 shoppers in three days. This successful show has been held for over 40 years.
- FIND MORE INFO on the Springfield Antique Show & Flea Market on their website at http://www.springfieldantiqueshow.com
- BOOK YOUR HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS NOW! Hotel info here.
3) Saved the best for last!EVEN BIGGER NEWS:
Heard a rumor that the new PBS/Roadshow spinoff, MARKET WARRIORS might be there filming on Friday -- ????? -- Guess the cat's out of the bag. This "rumor" has been buzzing around dozens of dealers setting up at the show. Can't wait to see if I spot 'em when I'm there!
Fred Willard to Narrate PBS 'Antiques Roadshow' Spinoff 'Market Warriors'
Hollywood Reporter --
PBS’ Antiques Roadshow – the grey-haired forefather of pawnshop reality genre – gets a homegrown spinoff with Market Warriors. Premiering July 16 at 9 p.m., each episode of Warriors will follow four expert antique shoppers, each with a set amount of money, scouring flea markets across the country with the goal of reselling the items for maximum profit at auction.
Ms. Dow Antiques Blog 'Tique Talk is published by msdowantiques.com